lucymorningstar: (Default)
[personal profile] lucymorningstar
I had a lovely meal with my friends John and Ben this afternoon. We thought about going into Cardiff city centre but ended up just going a local pub. I had sausage, egg, chips and beans and two large doorstep slices of bread and butter.

I hadn't seen the boys since the summer so we had a lovely couple of hours catching up. They've recently come back from a holiday in Rome and Venice and their pictures looked amazing. Those are both places I'd love to go one day.

I was really tired when I got home, not particulary sure why so I had a nap. S was taking a break from grading and she was stressed and exhausted (she didn't sleep well last night) so she came and napped with me. It's amazing how rejuvenating a good nap and a cuddle can be.

We ordered in some Chinese takeout - it's S's favourite, she'd live on the stuff if she could. J thought she could probably use a treat and he's right.

Now, she's back in her study but she says the end is almost in sight. J and I are curled up watching The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina on Netflix. I'm entirely sure what I think about it. It's nothing like Sabrina The Teenage Witch which I think makes it easy to take as being a show in and of itself because I'm not comparing it. It's very dark in tone and goes in ways I would never have expected. I don't like Hilda & Zelda though Sabrina is very pretty.

Date: 2018-12-09 03:37 pm (UTC)
starlitshore: (Default)
From: [personal profile] starlitshore
Definitely go to Venice and Rome one day. I loved both!

TCAoS was entertaining, for sure, and separating it from the comics and the original show was definitely helpful. I had issues with several things but overall had a positive binge-watching experience.

Date: 2018-12-09 04:59 pm (UTC)
scripsi: (Default)
From: [personal profile] scripsi
I love both Rome and Venice, so I can really recommend them (especially off season, when the crowds of tourists thin out).

I liked Sabrina even if it wobbled a bit. I disliked the aunts at first too, but they got more rounded and more likeable as the season went forward.

Date: 2018-12-09 06:56 pm (UTC)
tjoel2: (Default)
From: [personal profile] tjoel2
I've never been able to nap. I always end up feeling worse after a nap.

Date: 2018-12-09 11:41 pm (UTC)
sewn: Cartoon drawing of a red-haired person giving a bunny a little kiss (Default)
From: [personal profile] sewn
I tried to watch the new Sabrina, but couldn't get into it. There are individual things in the show I like (some actors, having the literal Satan as a character) so on paper it looks like something I would like, but it just didn't gel with me. It's just so... dark. Figuratively and literally: I'm a little bored with the "dark version of x" reboots, plus I hate the current trend of underlit tv shows. I can't see anything, damnit!

Croeso!

I'm Lucy, a 30-something woman who is trying to figure out this whole 'life' thing.

I'm bisexual and poly, living in North Wales with my partners J&S. I'm a home maker, love to bake and cook, and am a huge sci-fi fan.

I haved lived for so long under the shadow of a number of mental health diagnoses, letting them define me rather than just be part of me. For too long I've been "Lucy the Schizo" and I want to find out who 'Lucy' is

Welcome aboard my journey. I'm glad you're here and looking forward to getting to know you as we get to know me!

♥ Current Obsessions ♥
Angels. Anthropology. Dinosaurs. Doctor Who. Ghosts. Good Omens. Marvel. Mindfulness. Serial killers. Star Wars.

Tags

Style Credit